July 18, 2010
The following is a snippet from my journal.
I was viewing fb, and my daughter had complimented my adventuresome spirit, stemming from a photo posted by her daughter, Miche. The picture was of me jumping, or rather trying to jump on a trampoline. It was my first time, those of you that know me, know then, I waited a long time to try. It is a lot more difficult than it seems, but miche was right there holding my hands much like we do for small children learning to walk.
Aside from balance, the most challenging thing was to get both feet into the air at one time. You know the difficulty if you've ever watched a toddler try to jump. They use a lot of body motions, but their first efforts only allow one foot off the floor at a time. Much was the case in point. The difference being, I couldn't get either foot off. Yes, I did try it, and I'm glad I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment