Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pictures and Memories - Carlsbad, CA

Carlsbad, CA. A trip that almost was not. Although the trip had been planned months in advance, sometimes things just do not work as planned. It was a few weeks out and my sister and travel companion became ill, and was not going to be able to join me on the trip. In hopes that something would change, I did not cancel. This was one of those resorts you cannot frequent more than once in four years. I was hoping against hope. Everyone I knew already had plans for that week. At the last minute I went for a long shot, and called a dear friend in Lincoln, NE on the outside chance she could make the trip. She and I have been life-long friends, though miles apart. Over the years we have had many trips together. We grew up in the same town, attended the same church and school, graduated, married about a month apart, worked in the same office while our husbands were serving in the Armed Forces and we had our first child within a month of each other. But it was only a few years later that we became separated by miles when we moved to Arizona. But we have managed to keep our friendship intact. I wasn't able to give her much time for a decision, but after deliberating about it for a day or two, she agreed. I couldn't have been more pleased. She flew to Phoenix and then together we drove to CA. giving us lots of time for chatting. We had lots of catching up to do. The resort was beautiful, our time there was packed to the brim with activities everyday. But like all good things, it too ended. But now, we have still another memory, of time shared on this special vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment