Monday, April 4, 2011

Someone is Hiding My Stuff!

It's been so long since I have been to my blog, I had to go through trial and error to find Dashboard. But didn't give up and here I am. What a day I'm having! Not a bad day, just really frustrating at times. This is how it started. Got up about seven fifteen, brought Max downstairs and let him outside, then I put my coffee on. When it was ready I poured my first cup and took it to the computer to check on e-mail. Went to fb first.

My daughter, Michelle sent me on my first mission by mentioning a poem, "It takes a Heap O Living to Make a House a Home." She commented not knowing the author. This was a favorite of her Grandmother Dutton's and she quoted from it often. That sent me off on the first quest, finding the book, the author, and the poem within! I knew it was in the office upstairs, and also knew it had been some time since I had seen it or even thought about it for that matter. The title : Collected Verse of Edgar A. Guest. I finally also located the poem. Helps if you know the title. I thought it was the same as the first line but not the case. It's title is just the word "Home." Of course, after locating said book and checking for that particular poem, I became interested in others and before I knew it I had been reading for over an hour! I am now keeping the book on my computer desk for further circumspection.

My next quest was not so easy, in fact, I have not found what I was looking for. This all began shortly after being on fb, because I then went to email. Yesterday, I received a video of three young Italian men, fourteen and fifteen years of age. They sang O Solo Mia (sp). Outstanding voices for being so young! My thoughts were, Am I watching what might well be the world's next renowned Three Tenors? I think I listened to the video at least three times last night and then a couple more times this morning, which brought to mind my CD of "The Three Tenors!" I carried it in the car, but couldn't remember the last time I played it. I went to the car in search of it, oh no! I opened the glove box and wanted to quickly shut it before the stuffings all fell out. That's where the story begins, by first having to clear out the glove box and go through all the STUFF! My glove box is now clean, but I found no CD's. hummmm. Next logical place was the consol box between the seats. It was almost as bad as the glove box and the CD's were not there either. Now I had STUFF that I had taken from the boxes to file, one of those things was the title to the car! After filing, my search began in the upstairs office and then continued in cabinates downstairs! You see where I'm going with this? I still don't know where those CD's are, but I know a lot of places where they aren't!

What really frustrates me is I know that sometime this past year I saw them and thought, "These CD's should be in the car." Now, if I can remember seeing them, why oh why, can't I remember where I was when I had the thought! I know someone is hiding my STUFF! And why is it that when I start some little task, it always leads to mulitple jobs?

No comments:

Post a Comment