This is a song of bygone days and you have to have lived awhile for it to have
real meaning:
real meaning:
Those were the days my friend
we thought they'd never end
we'd sing and dance forever and a day
we'd live the life we choose
we'd fight and never lose
those were the days, or yes those were
the days!
I am reminded of two quotes; Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life and Living in the Moment. Both sound easy, but so difficult to put into practice. The first is the title of a series of essays written by DR Wayne W Dyer. He goes into great detail of both in his book, Excuses Begone.
I do practice "living in the moment" and try not to dwell in the past, which for me, right now would be so easy, as well as not dwelling entirely in the future. I am trying to enjoy the journey! Finding the little pleasures in every day, be it a beautiful sunset, walking my little Max, chatting with a friend, enjoying a cup of coffee with my daughter on the phone, having one of the little neighbor girls running out to greet me, that's what living in the moment is about. I take this another step further to appreciate myself for who I am right now! So when I look in the mirror I say, "You look good, girl!" But those haunting words keep coming back, Those were the days my friend, oh yes, those were the days!
But in my heart I know it won't be long until "these" days will become "those" days, my friend! Let's just take them one at a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment