About this time last year I proclaimed that 2010 would be my year of adventure. It was my grand daughter Jessie that suggested that. And recently, with suggestions from she, Miche, and their Mom, together we dicided that 2011 would bring forth my year of "Whimisicality!" What do you think? Great word anyway? To me whimsical means fun, being spontaneous, and enjoying life to its fullest.
My year of adventure was just that, adventure all the way. Outstanding was the number and variety of my many trips: seven in all. They included one to Sedona, AZ last March, three to Nebraska: May, August, and November, Vegas in June, trip to Flagstaff in September, and last but not least, to New Jersey in October. That's about a trip every two months. Out of all, the trip to NJ was the most adventuresome in a positive aspect, and the last trip to Nebraska, from which I just returned was the most negative, due to the loss of my beloved sister, Donna Ruth Carman. So you see, adventures can be fun and exciting and also just the opposite. I still have several more weeks of anticipated adventure to finish the year of 2010. It will include the family being together once again on Christmas Eve. (Amother is never happier than when her children and their families are around her.) Like other families everywhere, mine is so very busy with their own families, careers, education, sports, hobbies and day to day matters, that it is amazing they can still find time to be together. But they do!
This blessed season, and always, I am thankful for my family, friends and good health; all of which I take not for granted. God has blessed me in more ways than I can count!
Thinking of you, wishing you a Happy New Year! And may you also enjoy life to its fullest! Like me, try to be a little whimisical!
No comments:
Post a Comment