MENTAL RAMBLINGS OF AN OLD LADY!
I'm entitling this, "Mental Ramblings of an Old Lady!" By old, I speak only of a number. It does not refer to how I envision myself internally. Being old means you have lived a long time, and like material things, after awhile you begin to show wear and tear! That's what I see when I look in a mirror, it is not how I see myself in my mind's eye.
My first ramblings of the day:
Being out of coffee this morning, I don't know how that could happen, I tried a cup of hot tea, icky! It could not compare, it didn't even have caffeine! So, it was off to McDonald's, Max sitting right beside me. When we returned, it was coffee on the patio. Max knew it was special because I brought his food outside and he was enjoying this as much as me. When he finished eating he took a leisurely stroll around the perimeter of the yard. He walked close enough to the wall his body touched it, and where the wall juts out, he stayed ever so close. On occasion he stood up on his hind legs to sniff at the top branches of a bush now and again. After making his way all around, he came back and took a place on the patio next to my chair. Looking down at him I thought to myself, "I hope you feel half as happy as I do right now, having you beside me?!
When he was patrolling the perimeter, I wondered if this might be an inbred behavior? The Yorkshire Terrier was bred in Ireland for the purpose of killing rats in the mines. Being a very dark place, undoubtedly forced them to use all their senses. Anyway, whatever the reason, it is part of Max's everyday routine, making certain we are safe!
My next ramblings were concerning life, (mine) aging, whatever that means, etc!
I've passed some of these ramblings on to my daughter, and for what that's worth, we've had some good laughs as well as insights as to what is to come for her. One of my observations on aging when I was very young, was that old people, like my grandparents, had very thin lips and lots of lines around them. And because they, as most, in that bracket, also had false teeth, my conclusion was the loss of teeth was the cause! This is called "Lollipop Logic!" Guess what, I still have all my teeth, much thinner lips and lots of lines! Another mind boggling awareness was looking at old photos from time to time, thinking, "Gee, I looked pretty good then, better than now!" Then, some years on down the line, I would have that same insight again! I don't recall how many times I went through this before my realization, APPRECIATE WHO YOU ARE AT THIS VERY MOMENT, it doesn't get any better. So, now, when I look in the mirror I say, "Girl, you look great today!" So, ladies, take it from one who has been around a long time, APPRECIATE YOU, RIGHT NOW, TODAY!
My last rambling for the Day!
I have only just realized my brain keeps telling me, "You, can do this, and then my body says, "What the $#^&#, ARE YOU DOING, HAVE YOU COMPLETELY LOST IT?!! This is what my body said after agility training with Max, signing up for another class and Therapy Visitation at the hospital in one week! No one told me my mental and physical beings could be so inverse!
My Dad never talked about aging, other than the good stuff, like how good retirement was. Once when his doctor asked him if he exercised dad said, "Yes!" "What do you do?" "I sit on the porch and rock!" Final remark from doctor, "Rock harder!"
There are lots of things I use to do, I don't even want to do anymore. But here is where the hard truth comes in, when and what I want to do, I want the capabilities of doing without my body screaming at me!
No comments:
Post a Comment