PAWS FOR PATIENTS- - -11
PAYING IT FORWARD!
We went to work today and I'm liking it!
What a difference a couple of weeks make? This was our second official shadowing
with the leader, Marlene, for Paws for Patients! We probably visited with about thirty five patients, staff were not included in this number. There was some official meeting near the Volunteer Office that was just concluding, several individuals stopped to greet Max and Joey, some even asked to take their pictures! Having the stroller made such a difference for me. Yes, at the end of our schedule, we both were tired, but not exhausted! I CAN DO THIS!
Max and Joey brought smiles to everyone they had contact with, young, old, men, or women! We were often told what a wonderful program this was. We were asked several times who the dogs belonged to? When we said, they belong to us personally, they responded with thanks for volunteering our time and bringing our pets to visit!
The one thing I was taken aback with, is I thought about what we were doing, was for the patients. I hadn't thought about how it would make me feel?
Max has brought so much joy to me during such a very stressful time in my life, I just wanted to Pay it Forward!
No comments:
Post a Comment