Monday, July 26, 2010

Infernal Engine Light-2

Last night I went to sleep asking myself the question: "When did they begin putting this particular computer in cars?" You know, it tells you, the door is ajar, or check engine oil, the coolant level is low, etc.. It never tells you anything good, like, "Whoopee, your running great! Searching back through our old cars, there were none before 1984. We had a conversion van from then until it went swimming in the canal (another story) and we purchased the Labaron Convertible. That was probably early nineties, and they did not have an engine light. So, it had to have been the first Cadillac we owned. Don't think we more than drove it off the lot before it's light came on, and it was new! I remember how frantic I felt, and took it in immediately. The tech did not seem at all concerned, just rather nonchalant about the whole thing. Now, I understand why, that infernal light comes on at a whims notice, always causes consternation and anxiety, and is a delight to that money syphon thing I've spoken about. Before that computer light, what did we do? WE DID NOTHING!

I fully understand the problems of pollution caused by emissions of millions of cars on the road. But I do question the authenticity of the seriousness of message, "Check engine soon!" That engine light on my car is now on again, less than two weeks after repairs. You can't tell me, that whatever is causing it to be on now, wasn't there before! It doesn't take a genius to realize what is going on. My car has a hundred-fifty five thousand miles on it. Of course, parts are wearing. I can predict with certainty, this infernal light will continue intermittently, from now until I do replace the car! It has a political name, called planned obsolescence!

No comments:

Post a Comment