Sunday, July 25, 2010

Infernal Engine Light

Several of you have inquired about my car and what happened? It's a debatable topic of concern. This transmission company had my car for eight days. They did not rebuild the transmission, just repaired the problem to the tune of $2900.! I knew this beforehand. The cost was 90% labor as most car repairs are. That's something I've learned and come to accept, over the past nine years that I've been taking care of it. Any of the cars before that, Dick always looked after, even doing what repairs he could. I, on the other hand have relied on the dealership except for the last couple of times. I was just a little disgruntled when my tech told me I needed to buy a new car!

When I first took it in after failing the test, I took it to Salem Boys Auto Repair. We had used them in the past and the company has been in business in Phoenix many years, are well known, and have the reputation of honesty. After checking emission test results, they recommended Tri City Transmissions, because the work that had to be done might be out of their realm. Taking their advice, I made the call for the other company and set up an appointment. After taking the car to them, it was a few days before they got back to me as to their diagnosis and what the charges would be. I had my son call and let them explain it once again. Only after being reassured did I give my okay for the repairs.

Finally, more than a week later, the call came that they had finished. It was none too soon for me. After I arrived they went over all the paper work, saying that there were so many signatures I needed to make, it would feel like buying a new house. It was a slight exaggeration. On the way home, I could tell absolutely no difference in how the car was operating than before. But I figured that going in. For the next few days I was so busy with errands that it became my excuse for not returning to the emissions place yet. After all they gave me 60 days to have repairs made. Well, that was another big mistake on my part because that infernal engine light is on again, as of yesterday!

If I could, I would take a hammer to that idiot light! One more lesson learned the "hard way."
Procrastinating is never a good thing.

You know my fear is, that yet something else has gone awry. It could also be that it is nothing at all. We'll see what happens tomorrow. In the meantime I will remain calm and positive. And if you believe that, like the song, "I have some Arizona beach front property to sell you."

No comments:

Post a Comment