Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life after the Light is off

The saga continues, repairs were made and THE INFERNAL ENGINE LIGHT is off. You're thinking I better get back to emissions before it happens again, aren't you? The tech called about noon to let me know my car was ready to go, the problem had been diagnosed and repairs taken care of. He said, " I understand you brought it in because it had failed emissions?" He advised me not to take it back for at least twenty-four hours and maybe I should wait a couple of days. It takes a certain amount of time for the computer to readjust itself and the engine needs to be completely cooled down. I'm glad he told me, because I would have driven there directly, And, you can imagine how disgruntled I would have been if it had failed!

Now I'll clue you into the rest of my day. My friend brought me home after I left the car. When we got back she said she would come in for a few minutes to see Max. He was so excited because he hadn't seen her for awhile. Coming in, I had placed my purse and glasses on the hall table and we all sat on the stairs. That is Max's favorite place. He keeps his toys on the landing (not a safe place for me, I know). We chatted for awhile, and she had to get on her way and I had chores to do as well. My "To Do" list began with cleaning bathrooms, oh joy! I started with the upstairs guest bath first. I was running water in the tub to wet it before spraying the cleaner. I reached in to push the stopper down, and turned the shower on instead! Since I was looking down, the back of my head and shoulders were soaking wet. Not happy! But I did finish what I had planned for the day and just in time. The phone rang with message to pick up the car. I Phoned my friend, she said she was on her way. In the meantime I set about gathering my things. Remembering I did not put my purse in its regular spot, went to the living room to get it. I Came back to the kitchen to tell Max I was leaving, and checked for my sun glasses. I told myself, "you left them right there with your purse when you came in." Rechecked my steps but they weren't there. Then I Looked by the computer and the kitchen desk, no sun glasses. It is rare for me to go outside, without my glasses, even in the winter. Looked out and my ride had arrived. After crossing the threshold, I looked down as I shut the door, checking to make certain it was locked. Low and behold, there they were, I had been holding my glasses the entire time!


Talked to one of my sons this afternoon telling him what I had done, and after he finished laughing at me, I asked, "So, do you think I'm losing it?" "NO, not at all,mom. When that happens to me, I always think that someone who has passed is messing with me." I replied, " that being the case dad and your brother are having a great time at my expense. We both had another good laugh! Laughter is good anytime, but after stressing for several days it helps put things back in it's proper perspective. Sounds good anyway?!

No comments:

Post a Comment