You can imagine my frustration this morning, if you've read my two previous blogs, when my car did not pass emissions test again. This time, to quote the tech., "It isn'tready." What now? The car's computer needs to reset. I understand that, somewhat like a PC has to sometimes reboot. It requires starting, warming the engine, stopping and allowing it to cool down. In other words, normal driving. But it has been two days! When I called mechanic back this morning, his advice was to continue driving it in a normal fashion over the weekend and give it another try the first of the week.
When I declared this to be my year of adventure. This is not what I had in mind, I was thinking more in terms of a globetrotter, traveling to unfamiliar, faraway and exciting places. However, as we all know, every single day holds adventure for each of us. It is all in how we perceive it.
Dr. Wayne Dyer, author and lecturer, often refers to Living in the moment as does other noted philosophical self help individuals. They profess the teachings that instead of being so preoccupied with the past and the future, we focus on the most important time, which is right now. By next week this little episode I have been going through will be nothing but a memory. It surely hasn't been worth the frustration and anxiety I've experienced or the time I have given it.
Long before I ever heard the expression "living in the moment" I had made the discovery of accepting that person I saw in the mirror each day. This discovery was made after brousing old photos, and thinking, how much better I looked in the old photos than at that time. I came to the conclusion, today is your day, and it doesn't get any better than this. Tomorrow you will be a day older, and then a week older, before you know it, it will be a couple of years. I don't want to look at a photo two or three years down the line and think, why didn't I appreciate myself then!
So as far as this little challengeI am experiencing right now, I will accept it as a learning experience. I will appreciate me and the fact that I am still leaning new things. And to quote one of my grandaughters as a toddler, "I do it myself!"
<3 I am trying to take to heart that very lesson of appreciate it now cause, "It don't get any better than this!"
ReplyDelete