Sunday, August 1, 2010

There is Stuff, and Then There's More Stuff

Every so often I make the declaration to be on clutter patrol! My kitchen table, and desk catch the most, especially after mail call. I don't know what to do with some of that stuff! Usually I sort the mail out into several stacks as I go through it: l. definitely save, which requires filing, 2. definitely throw away 3. mail received for others and 4. that which does not fall into any of these categories. So when I've finished the table top is completely covered with stuff. I get a lot of junk mail, not only for me, but other family members. And since I'm not sure it is junk, I save it and let them throw away their stuff the next time they come over. But what to do with it until then? Max has stuff too. He has his toys and he generously will share them with me. The only problem is, he doesn't return them to his toy box. Sometimes he will carry some of his stuff outside and leave it there. His preference though is the landing of the stairs. I also have my writing stuff on the computer desk. I am well aware that filing is an excellent strategy and tool to use to control clutter, especially paper clutter. Why am I compelled to keep a hard copy of stuff I write on the computer? I know it is filed there. There is just something about holding that piece of paper in my two hands as I read. I catch a lot of errors that I wouldn't have caught otherwise. How to file this stuff, is always a challenge and conflict? Everyone has stuff in their lives and this is just a small splattering of mine! Maybe the next time I will attack my stuff in the china cupboards,closets, upstairs office, kitchen drawers, or maybe even the garage or yard! What about your stuff?!

I would like to underline the word stuff in the foregoing, but, have to admit I just don't know how. Nothing I've tried seems to work. I tried Ctrl I for Italic too, but that also failed. "Trial and Error" I've used the word "stuff" in context of whatever may be possessed or owned!

No comments:

Post a Comment