Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is Someone Messin With Me?!

Challenge for the day: Write something, and I have. I responded to several e-mails, did some postings on "facebook," and now for the real challenge, The Writing Edge!

Today, I am entertaining thoughts about, Lost and Found or maybe it should be Found but not Lost! Confusing. . .I know I am confused. This is what happened, and it is not the first time.

This is so strange, yesterday afternoon I opened one of the kitchen cabinets that I don't often use. It holds dishes that won't fit in the china cupboard. At first glance I saw a slip of paper in one of the tea cups, wondering what it was, I picked it up and saw a set of numbers on it. All of a sudden it came to me, this is the combination for the safe in the office! I told Dana, my son, several months ago it was missing. He reminded me that he had given it to me to put in a safe place after we had gone through the contents a year or more ago. At that time I could not open the safe at all. Neither the key or combination would work for me. Thought I might have to hire a safe cracker. (a little humor) I don't have thousands of dollars in jewelry or other expensive items, but there are important papers. I purchased the safe as a gift for Dick at one time. Tell me what good is a safe if you can't open it?! Which brings me to the present time. I don't even remember what prompted the thought of going through the safe again. I thought we had left it unlocked, but not the case. So where was the slip of paper with the combination? I know a lot of places where it wasn't. When there is something I cannot find, it drives me nuts. I go on hunting rampages until I find what I am looking for. I checked in every nook and cranny, and was certain it was not in the house. What really gets to me, is the fact I know without doubt, I have been in that cupboard quite a few times. Where was that little slip of paper that was now so prominently displayed?

This is not the first time for something like this to happen to me. It hasn't been all that long ago, I found a paperback recipe book by Peg Bracken, I had been searching for, for several years. And where do you think it was? Right in its proper place with other books of its kind! Can't begin to tell you how many times I had been through all of those books, all to no avail!

How do these things happen? I really don't believe in ghosts! However, makes for good story telling. Dana, told me one time when something of this kind happens to him, he thinks someone who has passed, like his brother, is messin with him. I know what I think and it might surprise you, but what do you think? Is someone messin with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment